From the desk of Karen Lombardo, Owner Put Another Way
Funny, this is a post that contains a ‘list’ of reasons why you should make a list. The irony is not lost on me. Like so many of us, January brings feelings of renewal and focus. We want to do so many things that our ambitions can get lost in our mundane daily tasks.
Why should you make a list?
- Keeps us on task. When you start your day and boot up your laptop or tablet, do you know what you need to do today? Reaction is different from action. Schedule important tasks and recurring tasks in your calendar. Build that ladder of activity in your day and leave some down time for unexpected events.
- Prioritize. Ok so you have you list and schedule in front of you. Have you prioritized your tasks? If billing is not due to your accounting department until the last week of the month, why do it now? Timing is everything.
- One thing leads to another. It is like pulling a string. You sit down to write a proposal and you realize you need pricing from a supplier….add that to do item now. You are creating a thank you campaign for your clients and need to purchase coffee shop gift cards…add this action in advance so you can finish that project in one swoop. Check!
- Allows the opportunity to punt. No time right now? No problem. Move that to do item to another day, week, or month. You are the boss of your time.
- Feeling of accomplishment when completed. At the end of the day when you look at your list and see all that completed activity, you will feel spectacular. The sense of accomplishment is rewarding, embrace it.
Good day or bad day?
Please don’t be discouraged if your list is still fairly large at the end of the day. Some projects take longer and that is ok. Some days you will finish the entire list and you can head out to the gym and take a spin class. Either way, you are better off and so if your business if you make a list.
Add this to your list.
Spend some time with your fellow list builders and come to the WBC luncheon, Your Voice, Your Values, Your Vocation…Doing you authentically; while explaining you succinctly. This marvelous event will be held on January 28th at Albany Marriott Hotel. Click here to register or for more information, email Marna Redding at email@example.com .